Listen On: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon | RSS
We’re going to talk about quarterly planning on today’s episode of Talking Small Business. Even if you don’t love to plan, it’s something we have to do for our businesses to move forward. It can feel super overwhelming at times, and equally disappointing if we don’t hit those goals. But what if there was a better way to set yourself up for success? Since we have such different personalities, we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to dig into what planning looks like if you’re Type A or Type B personality and how you can better plan for success. We also dive into what we think every business owner needs to include when looking ahead and planning goals, plus some tips about our favorite planning tools. Heat up that coffee (no judgement here if it’s the 5th time today) and let’s get talking!
Inside this episode, you’ll hear:
- Why quarterly planning v. yearly planning (1:38)
- What quarterly planning looks like for someone who’s Type A, AKA Kat (3:54)
- Why hard deadlines don’t always work for specific seasons of life (5:50)
- What quarterly planning looks like for someone who’s Type B, AKA Megan (9:35)
- Why you HAVE to review your revenue when planning (14:10)
- How to schedule the steps to achieve your goals + a real life confession about meeting goals (19:43)
- How to avoid organizing for organization’s sake (28:58)
Read the full episode transcript HERE.
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
Pin this Conversation:
Thanks for tuning into this episode of Talking Small Business! You’re always invited to our table and we can’t wait to catch you in the next conversation!