Listen On: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon | RSS
On today’s episode of the Talking Small Business podcast, we’re diving into a real and raw discussion about how to market your business in 2021. When we began our businesses almost 8 years ago, the world of social media was very different than it is now for business owners. Back then, it was about having the perfectly beautiful feed to show our clients that we know what we’re doing. Now, it’s about trying to convert followers to buyers. And while that’s ultimately the end of any marketing… let’s be real: it’s exhausting trying to keep up right now. Reels, Tik-toks, videos, and dancing.
We’re talking about how we really feel about social media marketing today – and why you should start thinking about how to stop fighting with what’s popular right now. We’re also diving deep into why your email list matters. It’s 2021: no one’s going to sit with your website open while they decide to work with you. But emails? They still make a difference. But, now we’re giving away too much!
Grab your favorite drink, settle in, and let’s talk about how to market your business in 2021.
Inside this episode, you’ll hear:
- How the social media landscape is changing for business owners (1:55)
- A reminder to create content that’s useful to your clients – not just your aesthetic (7:15)
- How you can use social media to share your message without worrying about it being perfect (13:55)
- Why creating high quality content off social media still matters (20:02)
- The importance of an email list (27:33)
- Why taking a break from social media for a hot minute may not be the worst thing in the world (42:00)
Read the full episode transcript HERE.
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
Pin this Conversation:
Thanks for tuning into this episode of Talking Small Business! You’re always invited to our table and we can’t wait to catch you in the next conversation!