Listen On: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon | RSS
2020 was the year of pivoting for small business owners. It really turned out to be a buzz word (and a necessity) for our creative industry as life as we knew it shut down completely. Pivoting is scary because it means taking a chance, but it isn’t always a bad thing, despite what it might feel like. Today on Talking Small Business, we’re sharing all about what we’ve done over the last year especially, how we’ve made pivots in our business and a little more insight as to why you might want or need to pivot your business. Both of us have pivoted a few different times in our business for different reasons and we want you to know it is not a bad thing! In fact, it can turn out to be one of the best things you can do for your business. So, settle in and let’s talk about that scene from FRIENDS… we mean, why pivoting in your business can turn out to be a good thing!
Inside this episode, you’ll hear:
- Why being a multi-passionate creative can be a good thing (1:38)
- Megan’s pivoting story (1:58)
- Kat’s pivoting story (8:19)
- Why pivoting was necessary in 2020 (14:35)
- Why you might need to pivot because of your industry demands (19:35)
- Using what your audience is saying to help you pivot (23:42)
- Pivoting for personal reasons (27:35)
- A reminder that needing to pivot your business does NOT mean you’re failing (38:28)
Read the full episode transcript HERE!
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
Pin this Conversation:
Thanks for tuning into this episode of Talking Small Business! You’re always invited to our table and we can’t wait to catch you in the next conversation!