Listen On: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon | RSS
Since Kat is expecting her third baby, we thought today was a good chance to discuss maternity leave as a business owner! Kat is in the hot seat, sharing about how exactly she prepares her business, her team, and herself to take a leave of absence for baby #3’s arrival! Whether you’re planning for your own maternity leave or just an extended sabbatical from your business, today’s episode will provide some tips about how to prepare for your time off. Taking time off from your business is absolutely possible with some planning ahead and forward thinking, so let’s dive in!
What we’re discussing today:
- When Kat began to think about what maternity leave looks like (2:55)
- What went into planning her maternity leave (3:10)
- How Kat will handle wanting to work while on leave (6:15)
- Why having no deadlines on maternity leave can be a great way to plan ahead (10:10)
- How Kat has prepared for leave (12:10)
- Ways to make your prep even simpler + permission to scale back while you’re on leave (14:00)
- How to make the financial piece a little less scary (16:57)
- How Kat decided on the length of her maternity leave (21:07)
Read the full episode transcript HERE!
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
Pin this Conversation:
Thanks for tuning into this episode of Talking Small Business! You’re always invited to our table and we can’t wait to catch you in the next conversation!