Listen On: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon | RSS
Building a digital business in 2021 (or in the digital age!) when you want to have boundaries around social media can be… complicated. Today, we’re bringing you into our latest conversation about how exactly we can both grow our business and protect our lives outside of the apps we use every day. Building boundaries for our families and our mental health is a necessity, but it can feel really confusing when there’s this expectation that as business owners, we need to be super present on social media to grow at all. We really want to dive into what it’s like building a digital business with social media boundaries, so let’s go!
And just a quick reminder before we get too far into things: social media is a great tool for business owners. But we want you to know that you are always in control of how much you use and if you even need to for your own business.
- What boundaries on social media look like for Kat (2:18)
- How Kat manages a social media break on the weekends (4:47)
- Megan’s social media boundaries (6:02)
- How the consistency model on Instagram actually burns a lot of us out (9:26)
- Why these boundaries matter to us as moms + business owners (11:08)
- Understanding how habits form (16:22)
- A reminder our actual relationships matter most (20:03)
- How to decide what boundaries you want to set (21:12)
- Let revenue lead your boundaries and goals (29:22)
Read the full episode transcript HERE!
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
Pin this Conversation:
Thanks for tuning into this episode of Talking Small Business! You’re always invited to our table and we can’t wait to catch you in the next conversation!